Glowing Crystal Ball
These crystal balls are crafted from ordinary second-hand and hardware store finds!
The glass domes are easily found most second-hand stores for a dollar or two, and candle bases from any garage sale or flea market. The addition of glitter gives the balls a mystical look, and the glow-sticks offer a safe alternative to candles or electricity.
The glow sticks will last for 8 to 12 hours depending on temperature and come in assorted colors, but green looks the best.
- White Glass Dome (don't use clear or smoked)
- Acrylic Craft Paint with Sparkles
- 1" Wide Paint Brush
- Candle Holder with a Wide Base
- Glow Sticks from the Hardware or Camping Supply store
- Clean the glass dome thoroughly and let it dry.
- Coat the dome with the sparkly acrylic paint using the paint brush and let it dry. You can also use a spray-on sparkle paint. The paint could take up to 48 hours to dry and should not be handled much.
- Activate a glow stick and place it inside the ball.
- Place the ball on the candle holder and enjoy.