Gwennababe Zim Hat Pattern
Brushed acrylic baby yarn. 1 skein Main color and a little white.
1. Ch 3, join to form a ring.
2. Ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join.
3. Ch 3, ( counts as first dc now and forever) 2 dc in each dc. Join.
4. Ch 3, dc in same sp, fpdc (front post double crochet) in next dc, 2 dc in next dc. Continue around: 2 dc, fpdc, 2 dc. Join.
5. Ch 3, 2 dc in next, fpdc in fpdc,1 dc in next. Continue around: 2 dc, fpdc, 1 dc. Join.
6. Ch 3, dc in next, fpdc, 2 dc in next. Continue: dc in next 2, fpdc, 2 dc in next. Join.
7. Ch 3, dc in next 2, fpdc, 2 dc in next. Continue: dc in next 3, fpdc, 2 dc in next. Join.
8. Ch 3, do a round even in dc, fpdc in each fpdc. Join.
9-11. Repeat 8.
12. Sc in next stitch, dc in next. Repeat around. Join.
13. Dc in first sc, sc in next dc. Continue: sc in every dc, dc in every sc. Join. End off main color.
14. Attach white, *ch 3, skip one stitch, sc in next four stitches* around. Join.
15. Slip stitch into next ch 3 space, *3 sc in space. Ch 4, 3 sc in next space.* around. Join.
16. Starting at first sc of a 3 sc group, *ch 3, 4 sc in ch 4 space.* around. Join.
17. 3 sc in ch 3 sp, sc in first sc of 4 sc group, decrease over next two sc, sc in next sc. Go around even in sc except do the decrease in the 4 sc group every third group. End off white.
18. Join main color. Repeat rounds 12-13 until brim is as long as you'd like- I did 3 rows. End off.
Then thread a ribbon through the big eyelets and enjoy!